Thursday, February 11, 2010

Guilt Free Pumpkin Bread


Okay, I admit it. I love it when I bake. I love the fact that it is usually gone before 9 am, when I bring it in to the office. I love the little messages of how I am a goddess. I hate the winter and being cooped up is really not me. Last night I had to cancel my training session with my Boxing coach because of the weather. The beautiful early afternoon snow turned ugly when it froze over by 5pm. Of course, our street crews didn't know what to do with it. I saw three accidents and had to do a curb check to stop at one intersection. So as a public service I went home and baked.

Here is what I was working on.




The Recipe:
Ribbon Pumpkin Bread
1 C Pumpkin
1/2 C unsweetened Applesauce
1 Egg
2 Egg Whites
1 T Oil
1 2/3 C Flour
1 1/4 C Sugar
1/2 TSP Baking Soda
1/2 TSP Salt
1/2 TSP Cinnamon
1/2 TSP  Cloves
1/3 C Walnuts (optional)

Filling:
6 oz reduced fat cream cheese
1/4 C Sugar
1 T flour
2 egg whites


1. Make Filling set aside
2. In a mixing bowl combine pumpkin, applesauce, eggs, and oil. Add the flour, sugar and spices in half increments. Stir in nuts.
3. Pour half the batter into a greased pan and layer the cream cheese and back to the rest of the batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.Cool for 10 minutes.


The hardest thing about working with colored bread is just realizing it is colored. The first one I did was not done, and turned out more like lava cake. I always feel like I am burning the bread to get it done. It is an exercise in trust.

Credits: Guilt Free Cookbook,
Thanks Eric Maxwell for your ready camera and the awesome pictures. I will make more promise. Here is a link to his little project http://ericmaxwell365.blogspot.com/ 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Through Hazel Eyes Design Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon. Distributed by Blogger Templates
. Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice